10 November 2011
OnTracks, one of the UK’s leading online retailer of model railway products, will be using its presence at the 2011 Warley Model Railway Exhibition to announce a new British outline steam locomotive.
Fiona Mulhall, the companies Managing Director explained:
“We’ve seen a huge growth in the range of diesel and electric locomotives available on the market over the last few years. But very little in the form
of small and affordable steam locomotives. By realising the market was underserved we’ve spent some time researching possible 0-6-0 locomotives to commission."
"The new model will be produced to balance current day standards with the need to offer a good value product in today’s financial climate. We also think it’s important to bring this product to the market quickly. So we are only announcing this locomotive after the tooling and livery has been signed off. With the model now being scheduled for production and release in 2012, we can give customers a great value product quickly.”
· The model will be an industrial 0-6-0 dating from the tail end of the 19th century, but still in use in the 1960’s.
· Suitable for all OO scale customers
· The initial livery will be suited for the period 1945 – 1963.
· Most importantly – the model will have a retail price of just £49.99
· Customers placing advance orders at Warley will be guaranteed the model at the launch price of £49.99 including free UK P&P
OnTracks will be on Stand A24, at Warley Model Railway Exhibition, Birmingham NEC on the 19th & 20th November.
Please visit the stand for more details of the model and to place advance orders.
Interested in railway modelling events? Take a look at our Diary Dates and Exhibitions.